Thursday, February 18, 2010

Be Happy

I was watching a show with the Dalai Lama, Richard Branson, Jack Canfield etc. It was a show on gaining success in your life and was basically another way of telling 'The Secret' but this attitude about being happy is really interesting.

It doesn't take much to be happy. In order to be happy a person does not need wealth or an abundance of material possessions. If that is what you think is going to make you happy then you never will be. You will be always be wanting more and never having enough.

As a person who has struggled with weight issues for about thirty years I can tell you that waiting until you are thin and in shape to be happy doesn't work either. You just put unreasonable pressure on yourself because you are waiting for what you feel is the perfect time to enjoy life. Not the way to live.

There are people who say they won't be happy until they have a mate. There is a very good chance you will spend your life alone or with a person who will bring more negativity and unhappiness in your life.

In order to be happy you have to decide to be happy. You have to make a conscious effort to try to look at the bright side of things. It isn't easy especially if you have been a pessimist and are trying to change.

I do my best to be positive and happy day to day but I don't always succeed. This morning I woke up in a foul mood but that could have something to do with the fact that an alarm woke me up three times last night. I tried exercising but couldn't get into it so I had a cup of chamomile tea and lay on the heating pad before going for a long walk. I wear an ipod on these walks and I get into the tunes. That is usually a sure way to lift my mood.

Then I come home. That stupid alarm is going off intermittenly throughout the day and I read how other countries are apparently not happy with the fact that Canada is no longer quietly proud but cheering their players vigorously. And how the province has wasted millions of dollars because a few countries are not pleased with technical difficulties that have happened and what they feel are injustices. I grit my teeth and silently repeat 'be happy, be happy, be happy'. The kettle is boiling for another cup of chamomile tea.

It is an effort to be happy. There are so many things that can disrupt that flow. Like a negative neighbour or friend or relative. I don't watch the news because it is depressing and I refuse to fill my head with the dark emotions.

You see I firmly believe that if I am happy I will attract good things to me. If I smile when I would rather snarl then I have won that battle and it improves my mood faster. My life may not be exactly what I want but I will make things better. Or not. Either way I am going to do my best to 'be happy' most of the time.

TAGS:, ,,,weight,negative,good,Richard Branson,Dalai Lama,Jack Canfield

1 comment: